Sometimes called collaboration on steroids, the Intelligent Swarming methodology is a new way to align resources to work. It involves removing the tiers of support and, when appropriate, calling on the collective expertise of a “swarm” of analysts. Our initial experience with Intelligent Swarming is exceeding expectations in terms of improvement in operational efficiencies, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction and loyalty, and it brings with it a host of questions around practices and measurements.
Members are currently implementing:
- Better ways to create relevant connections between people
- People profiles to indicate who knows what
- New measures for contribution in a collaborative environment (talent management)
- Intelligent Swarming: Considerations for Starting Out
- A 36-slide deck including swarming objectives, benefits, enablers, design and adoption tips, and measures of success.
- Intelligent Swarming Insights: a one day workshop which covers:
- Intelligent Swarming Assessment and Design Workshop, a personalized engagement for your organization which covers:
- An assessment of the relevance and value of Intelligent Swarming for your collaboration group.
- A Collaboration Health Survey and Social Network Analysis with results and analysis.
- Guided development of measurements framework, people profiles, and reputation model.
- Guided development of a communications plan and adoption roadmap.
- Click here for a full description; contact Greg Oxton for more details.
- Intelligent Swarming at Tricentis
- Swarming at Autodesk: A Win-Win
- Play Catch, Not Ping Pong: Intelligent Matching with Cisco
- Proving That Swarming Does Work with BMC Software
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
- Transforming Performance Measurement by Dr. Dean Spitzer
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
- The Wisdom of Crowds by James Surowiecki
- The Medici Effect: What You Can Learn from Elephants and Epidemics by Frans Johansson
- Group Genius: The Creative Power of Collaboration by Keith Sawyer
- Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything by Don Tapscott and Anthony Williams
- The Only Sustainable Edge: Why Business Strategy Depends On Productive Friction And Dynamic Specialization by John Hagel III and John Seely Brown
- The Support Economy: Why Corporations Are Failing Individuals and the Next Episode of Capitalism by Shoshana Zuboff and James Maxmin
- The Future of Knowledge by Verna Allee
The Intelligent Swarming℠ methodology is service marked by the Consortium for Service Innovation.
The first mention of Intelligent Swarming in a written work must include the superscript “sm” in one of the following forms: Intelligent Swarming℠ or Intelligent Swarming(sm). Please also include this footnote or parenthetical statement: “Intelligent Swarming℠ is a service mark of the Consortium for Service Innovation™.”
The correct use of Intelligent Swarming℠ is as an adjective, for example: “[Company Name] endorses the Intelligent Swarming℠ methodology….”
Intelligent Swarming℠ cannot be used in the name of an offering without explicit written permission from the Consortium for Service Innovation. Please contact the Consortium with questions.