Customer Experience Initiative
Delivering on service excellence involves shifts in perspective, strategy, culture, and leadership.
Consortium Members are working on a touch point model and desired outcomes, as well as techniques for understanding and improving the customer experience.
Definition of Service Excellence:
Maximize customer realized value through the use of our products and services.
We aim to reduce value erosion and maximize value addition by exploring:
- Building customer empathy
- Do you have a brand promise? Are you fulfilling it?
- Transitioning from customer support to customer success
Continuous Improvement Model
- Understanding the Customer Experience
- Assessing and designing improvements
- Measuring impact
This initiative used to be named the “Customer Success Initiative.” It was updated to reflect a broader scope and to distinguish it from the discipline of Customer Success.
Social Networks, Communities, & Support
The Customer Experience Initiative includes the work Consortium Members have done around the intersection of support and social media.
When integrated correctly into the service strategy, social can be a powerful knowledge-sharing tool.
Members have developed the following tenets of social and support:
- Monitor, Listen, and Learn
- Let Social Support Social
- Improve, Inform and Influence
See Social Networks, Communities, and Support for more details.
- Customer Success Initiative on the Members-only wiki (login required)
Three Types of Demand
- Assisted Support
- Customers want to talk to the vendor
- Phone, chat, email, click to submit case
- Support center, support analysts respond
- Customers use automated service tools, help integrated into the product or a web based portal/KB
- Communities and Social
- Customers want to interact with other users
- Ask, respond, comment, rate, vote
- Online forums, ideastorms, blogs, wikis, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
While a KCS Coaching program is a critical part of a successful KCS implementation, getting support from leadership for an adequate KCS Coaching program is often a challenge. At a…
We were grateful to finally gather again with Members in person towards the end of the year, marking a transition to a new blend of both in-person and virtual events…
Join our mailing list to receive updates about latest news and upcoming events.