KCS v6 Practices Workshop
For understanding all aspects of a KCS implementation.
Knowledge-Centered Service, or KCS®, is a methodology designed to integrate knowledge capture, improvement, and reuse directly into support operations. If you’re considering launching KCS, tuning up your KM processes, or bringing a colleague up to speed, this intensive workshop (offered in 1.5-, 2-, and 3-day formats) will provide the needed insights and skills. While this workshop will prepare you for the v6 Practices certification exam, the exam may or may not be included in the agenda.
During this workshop, participants will learn:
- An understanding of the key deliverables required to implement KCS
- Best practices for measuring knowledge activity, performance, and value
- Techniques for ensuring knowledge base quality without review queues
- Processes for creating in-workflow (Solve Loop) and value-added (Evolve Loop) content
- How to manage a KCS adoption, avoiding mistakes others have made
- Understanding KCS and its benefits
- KM best practices and industry examples
- KCS content: standards and quality
- The structured problem solving workflow
- Roles and responsibilities
- Performance assessment
- Leadership strategies and change management
- Technology requirements to enable KCS
- A road map for KCS adoption
Certified KCS v6 Trainers have flexibility on what they include in each course; please check with them on the specifics of their agenda.