Sometimes called collaboration on steroids, the Intelligent Swarming methodology is a new way to align resources to work. It involves removing the tiers of support and, when appropriate, calling on the collective expertise of a “swarm” of analysts. Our initial experience with Intelligent Swarming is exceeding expectations in terms of improvement in operational efficiencies, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction and loyalty, and it brings with it a host of questions around practices and measurements.
Members are currently implementing:
- Better ways to create relevant connections between people
- People profiles to indicate who knows what
- New measures for contribution in a collaborative environment (talent management)
- Intelligent Swarming: Considerations for Starting Out
- A 36-slide deck including swarming objectives, benefits, enablers, design and adoption tips, and measures of success.
- Intelligent Swarming Insights: a one day workshop which covers:
- Intelligent Swarming Assessment and Design Workshop, a personalized engagement for your organization which covers:
- An assessment of the relevance and value of Intelligent Swarming for your collaboration group.
- A Collaboration Health Survey and Social Network Analysis with results and analysis.
- Guided development of measurements framework, people profiles, and reputation model.
- Guided development of a communications plan and adoption roadmap.
- Click here for a full description; contact Greg Oxton for more details.
- Intelligent Swarming at Tricentis
- Swarming at Autodesk: A Win-Win
- Play Catch, Not Ping Pong: Intelligent Matching with Cisco
- Proving That Swarming Does Work with BMC Software
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
- Transforming Performance Measurement by Dr. Dean Spitzer
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
- The Wisdom of Crowds by James Surowiecki
- The Medici Effect: What You Can Learn from Elephants and Epidemics by Frans Johansson
- Group Genius: The Creative Power of Collaboration by Keith Sawyer
- Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything by Don Tapscott and Anthony Williams
- The Only Sustainable Edge: Why Business Strategy Depends On Productive Friction And Dynamic Specialization by John Hagel III and John Seely Brown
- The Support Economy: Why Corporations Are Failing Individuals and the Next Episode of Capitalism by Shoshana Zuboff and James Maxmin
- The Future of Knowledge by Verna Allee
The Intelligent Swarmingsm methodology is service marked by the Consortium for Service Innovation.
The first mention of Intelligent Swarming in a written work must include the superscript “sm” in one of the following forms: Intelligent Swarmingsm or Intelligent Swarming(sm). Please also include this footnote or parenthetical statement: “Intelligent Swarmingsm is a service mark of the Consortium for Service Innovation™.”
The correct use of Intelligent Swarmingsm is as an adjective, for example: “[Company Name] endorses the Intelligent Swarmingsm methodology….”
Intelligent Swarmingsm cannot be used in the name of an offering without explicit written permission from the Consortium for Service Innovation. Please contact the Consortium with questions.